Monday, January 26, 2015

Review: L’Occitane 5 Essential Oils Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner


REPURCHASE? Yes, but I am in no rush. Refilled this soooo many times and having these bottles in my bathroom shelf everyday for the past 4 years have gotten me quite bored with them. It consistently gave me beautiful hair, however, I need a break from it. Anyhow, will keep the empty bottles in storage first and give myself time to miss it before topping them up.

L’Occitane 5 Essential Oils Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner was a set that I always ignored inside the L’Occitane shop--- I was going through my Verbena phase then. However, when my husband brought home a couple of small bottles from a hotel stay, I wasted no moment trying them out and wow! Was I immediately chastised for snubbing them! Somehow, by some sort of miracle, this L’Occitane 5 Essential Oils Repairing Shampoo and Conditioner duo revealed beautiful hair! The scent got me hooked some more because it never failed to bring fond memories of childhood. It smells similarly to Johnson & Johnson’s baby shampoo, aka, the “scent of my childhood”. That same week, I made a trip to the L’Occitane shop for the sole purpose of getting the full sized set 

I often used the shampoo on its own, foregoing the conditioner. This was no hardship because the shampoo took care of my hair so well. Hair was bouncy. Every single strand had flounce to it. It was light. It was shiny. Have to say, too, that it was easy to brush--- wet or dry. Skipped conditioner half the time because good-hair-days lasted longer this way. My hair didn’t get oily too fast and I found that using the conditioner forced me to shampoo my hair more frequently than I liked. For 5 years now, I have religiously followed this rule: shampoo hair at the very most, every two days. I strive for 3. Ever since I started this habit (helped by dry shampoo and the fact that I’ve stopped going to the gym) my hair has become thicker and healthier.

There were times when I’d slather on the conditioner, though, and that was when my hair was particularly dry because of the weather or because of heat styling. However, I found myself reaching for the conditioner when I craved for the scent. I noticed that the fragrance stayed on my hair so much longer as opposed to just shampoo where the scent dissipated as my hair dried.

As I finish writing this blogpost, I’m beginning to wonder how long before I miss this. Bet it would be soon. Gosh, there must be something wrong with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment