Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Japan Beauty Haul!



I knew I was going to be given a haul of some sort because I had asked for it. My sister Gibb went to Japan and I told her to surprise me with makeup/beauty goodies from the local drugstore/highstreet. Annotated my wish with, “get me something that puzzles you!” Before handing me the bag of goodies, she said she did not know there were so many kinds of eyeliners and she repeatedly cautioned me that she was clueless and confused when she picked out stuff in the store. I believed her. She is one that can NOT be engaged in makeup or product talk over 5 minutes, so she doesn’t know much beyond the basic fare. Hahahaha! Anyhow, this is what she brought home! Not quite an odd bunch (far from it) but looking at the loot still gets me giddy and excited to play with them all!!! Thanks, Gibb!



The K-Palette product that I have not seen ever is the “Real Lasting Tears Tank.” Why the name?  I have no idea what this is going to do. Don’t want to Google anything because I want to be surprised. I have it in color, “Elegance Beige.” My guess, getting clues from the picture and ofcourse its name, is that it’s for highlighting the corners of the eyes. Hahahaha! I do not know how near or far off I am from the mark.

Kate. This is one brand that I see in all the Sasa branches in Macau or Hongkong. I also see this in a couple of beauty stores in Singapore. I don’t know why I haven’t bothered picking up a single product to try. None drew my curiosity. Now that I have four to try out, who knows? There might be one that’ll get me waxing poetic and get Gibb’s eyes to roll!?

Point Makeup Remover –I do not know the brand. The only English that is seen on its packaging is just that. It helps that the picture on the packaging is of an eyelid and that its formulation looks like Lancome’s Bifacil, otherwise, I would most probably have used this oil all over my face. Hey, might do just that, too. Like I said, it reminds me a lot of  Bifacil—where the separated oils have to be shaken before use. I wonder which one performs better. Contest!

Visee Shadow and Liquid Liner. I have not heard of this brand. I’d just like to know how this will perform; if it is easy to use; if it dries up too fast (which is my usual complaint about anything with similar packaging.)

Eyemania Mineral/Fiber Long & Volume 300% Mascara. What timing! I imposed a mascara ban (one of my new year’s resolutions---others are meaningful ones, I swear) because I have 7 opened ones*** and several more which I have to go through. But, man! I really want to try this out already! This claims to increase the length and volume of lashes by 300%. Reminds me of Younique Mascara that is making the rounds on Facebook and on YouTube. I’ve never tried Younique nor do I have any burning desire to. Based on what I’ve seen online, (YouTuber Shaaanxo devotes a first impression video on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2snmxFAovmw) it seems very time consuming and tedious, requiring multiple coats of product from two different tubes. But this! This looks promising! 300% just by using a single tube. Will see how long I can hold out!

Anyway, I plan to update this page as soon as I try any of the products out. Looking forward!


***
The mascaras I’m currently using are: Majolica Majorca’s Lash Gorgeous Wing New, K-Palette 1Day Lash Perm, NYX Doll Eye, Fairy Drops, Lancome’s Virtuose and YSL’s Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking, Urban Decay’s Perversion. Will write about these soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment