Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Part 2 Hair Care (The Year End Purge)


HAIR CARE:  Camille Albane Blowdry Smoothing Fluid, Pantene Style Pro-V  Classic Unforgettable Hairspray, Suave Professionals Waterless Foam Shampoo, Delon Coconut Oil, Delon Argan Oil, Kerastase Noctogenist Serum Nuit, Jungle Solid Conditioner by Lush



The scent of Camille Albane Blowdry Smoothing Fluid bothered me. There was this lingering fish sauce kind of smell and the strong sweet scent they used could not cover it up. I got past it sometimes—I had to because I did not want to dub this purchase a fail! I also did a survey at home and I was the only one that found it stinky, hence, my persistence in using it. The thick liquid product didn’t bother me as much when I used it to blowdry. I trusted that it protected my hair from the heat, but it weighed it down a bit—this was not an issue as my hair is still thick anyway. However, I completely stopped using this when I noticed that the product would congeal into a black strip on the sides of the hot iron plates of my straightener. Cleaning the plates in between straightening just wasn’t worth the trouble. Yes, it is called a blowdry smoothing fluid BUT the packaging itself claims it can be used with a hot iron. And yes, I tried using less. Still the same problem.

Pantene Style Pro-V Classic Unforgettable Hairspray weighed hair down like no other. You tease, you spray and then you watch your hard-earned teased hair slowly fall flat. That was how heavy the product was! It got my hair oily, too. How odd for a hairspray. Furthermore, my hair was crunchy to the touch. Also, I had to clean the spray cap often because it easily clogged itself. Waste of time! And may I add that it claims the following: “maximum hold control” and “style freeze for extra-ordinary staying power.” Big HA!

Suave Professionals Waterless Foam Shampoo. This irritated me the most! I find the scent sickeningly sweet. This does not deliver on any of its promises (and it claims to revive hair as well as Bumble and Bumble)! Removes oil my a$$! This, in no way refreshes my hair in between washes. It adds oil to my hair. It makes it greasy. I don’t know if it works better on curly hair. The packaging states that it works well on “dry and curly hair.” It’s not clear whether it was meant to be for curly hair only. Anyhow, I have given this to a friend with naturally curly hair and we shall find out soon enough. I hope it works on her. It gets me sad every time a product goes to waste : (.

Delon Coconut Oil and Argan Oil.  These came as a freebie when you purchase the Shampoo and Hair Conditioner it came with. Both have sooo much silicone in its formulation that I felt my hair choked on it every time. I’m fine with silicone on my face primers but somehow my hair does not take it well. It claims to be treatment for split ends but it added trouble to my already tired hair. It gives shine, yeah. But when shampooed off, I saw the damage these "oils" did to my hair- becomes more frizzy and the tips scragglier than ever. These I threw. I didn’t even give them away. The shampoo and conditioner were okay though—not bad, not good. Those, I finished up.

Kerastase Noctogenist Serum Nuit. Although this performed so much better than the Delon products I just spoke of above, I used this sparingly because it had silicone in it. Sure, I would wake up to beautiful smooth and scented hair but again, my hair looked worse after shampooing it off.  Poor hair. Will not repurchase this.

Jungle Solid Conditioner by Lush.  I liked the idea of the solid hair conditioner (and of solid shampoo, too!) so I purchased this. The smell was a non-issue until I used it on my hair. Didn’t like it but it wasn’t revolting enough to have stopped me from using it several tries. I had usage problems with it. It was hard to spread evenly through my hair strands. It was one that you couldn’t melt in your palms so the solid bar had to be rubbed directly on your hair/head. Worse, it did not do good. It coated my hair as if I had used body lotion (I once made this mistake!). I rinsed it properly. Yes, I did. But still, it matted my hair and made it looked clumpy.  Not the best look.





No comments:

Post a Comment