Tuesday, November 11, 2014

REVIEW: NIVEA In Shower Intensive Skin Conditioner in Almond Oil



I WILL NOT REPURCHASE : ( I heard about this NIVEA In Shower Intensive Skin Conditioner (Almond Oil) a couple of months ago from YouTuber Tanya Burr. I was so excited to see whether this could rival Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner (by LUSH and my top favorite) as they are both rinse-off body moisturizer/lotion, so I immediately checked it out on the boots.com website. I jumped to conclusions that the Philippines would probably get it late, so I was beside myself when I spotted it in our local Watson’s! For 250 ml and 100 ml, you pay PhP189 (USD 4.2) and PhP156 (USD 3.5), respectively. Cheap compared to PhP1200 for a 250 ml tub of Ro’s. I got all three scents/formulations: Camu Camu, Sea Minerals and shown in the picture above (which I like the least and ironically the first tube I finished): Almond Oil.

WHAT IT IS:
It is a body lotion/moisturizer you use inside the shower.  It needs to be rinsed off. For me, this really does not save you any time as it still requires that additional step anyway. You either moisturize your body, in or out of the shower and that decision (might be shallow but it has to be made) will really depend on product preference. I go by how I feel…for the day.


EXPERIENCE:
no, it's not what you're thinking! it IS the lotion.
Anyway, using this product was such an odd experience for me. One should've been there with me the first time—it didn’t help that out of the three, I picked the fragrance I least liked. (I know, I know. I should’ve smelled it before buying. Serves me right.) My face scrunched up because it smelled sooo artificial. Quickly opened the other tubes and was relieved that the other two scents were okay. But the feeling. Ugh. The first time I spread it all over me I was on repeat mode: “oh no!” How was I going to finish all 3 tubes of this slime?! I do not know how to articulate it, so for this reason, buy one and help me figure it out! Please? Okay, just kidding.

I’ll try to explain anyway. Unlike Ro’s, where it still feels like the familiar lotion/oil you’re massaging in, spreading this felt like a useless exercise—in my head I was thinking there was no way this...this thing, was going to be accepted by my skin. It was as if I was spreading molten, slicky, slimy plastic all over me. It did not feel organic. Worse was when I rinsed and toweled off! Without the water for the additional slick, my skin was left with this peculiar rubbery slip to it. This got me scrutinizing the listed ingredients. “Paraffinum Liquidum.” For me, this was its savior. Felt less uneasy because “paraffin” sounds friendly enough. I thought of those paraffin hand treatments my mom used to have and I figured this must be okay. And you know what? It feels less and less weird every time I use it. A good thing as I still have the 2 other tubes to go through.

EFFECTIVE MOISTURIZER:
However, with all that said, I concede that this product did deliver on the primary purpose it was made for. It moisturized my skin and it stayed that way until the end of the day. That’s quite a big achievement. With the exception of my oily face, the cliché, “dry as the sahara,” applies to the rest of my body. It is the kind where a chalky trail is left wherever you scratch it. Take note though, that this will not give you that healthy, glowy sheen other lotions and moisturizers do. 

INGREDIENTS:
 
This product is made in Thailand under license.


No comments:

Post a Comment