Monday, November 10, 2014

Review: NIVEA 3-in-1 Daily Deep Exfoliating Wipes


 
I WILL REPURCHASE.  I bought a pack of this Nivea 3-in-1 Daily Deep Cleansing Exfoliating Wipes (Made in Germany) from our local Watson’s store here in Manila. Choosing the formulation made for Oily/Impure Skin was a no-brainer. My skin is guilty on both counts.  

REASONABLY PRICED. For the price of Php149 (roughly USD3.5), you get 20 WET wipes.  Reasonable! I might even say, a lot cheaper than Neutrogena’s or Simple’s and most definitely cheap compared to Soap and Glory’s wipes. First off, I love makeup wipes and I have been fearless trying different brands from the cheapest to the more pricey ones. I just find them really convenient. (I even have a pack of it in my bag, for a headstart, when on my way home). Heck, even the “driest” of wipes has, at least once, played the hero for those nights (admit it, we’ve attended those too-much-to-drink kind of parties) when I just could not be bothered to go through my nightly ritual.

the rough side
the "smooth" side
EFFECTIVE IN REMOVING MAKEUP. Anyway, back to Nivea’s wipes. The wipe is wet enough. Both the smooth and rough side take makeup off easily—including waterproof mascara (Maybelline’s Hypercurl).  I find that using both sides of the wipe is enough to get me ready to wash my face. I usually use the rough side first to scrub off makeup, then use the smooth side (same wipe) for a second pass. I only use the smooth side, by the way, when I take eye makeup off (if you follow the package instructions strictly, you are to avoid contact with the eyes—makes sense as it lists alcohol as one of its ingredients). For makeup free nights, I skip the rough side as I learned that cleaning my skin with it left it feeling a teeny bit raw.  For those who can’t stand textured wipes or cotton, you might not appreciate even the smooth side of this wipe because you’ld still feel a faint trace of the bumps on the other side. I used this for more than 2 weeks and no breakout, so yey!

OTHER USES: These wipes I also find handy when I put on more elaborate makeup. I clean my gel liner brush with it in between dips to the pot. It’s also useful to surface clean your foundation buffing brush with it, extending its use to contouring.

INGREDIENTS:
It is scented. It has alcohol. 









earlier that evening: )

ready to wash my face!


Sorry, might be TMI. Just wanted to show off what it can do!





No comments:

Post a Comment